Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The MTC Experience


At the Mission Training Center

The MTC is a fascinating institution.  Being there is a study in contrasts.  There are so many changes from ‘normal’ life: schedule, rules, food, weather, roommates and more.  It is a spiritual high point for most of the missionaries, everyone is tightly focused on learning the Preach My Gospel and language, and almost everyone I saw was smiling, but everyone is equally anxious to leave.  What contrasts.  One universal is the love of MAIL!  I was surprised that we received as much as we did, but the photo worthy event was a package from our kids with birthday wishes for Rod and thoughtful gifts for us both.  The best part were the ‘ hugs’!


 

 
Our cute kids traced eachother's outline to send us 'hugs' in the mail!  We sure felt loved.
Dinner our first day does not bode well for our waist lines.

2 comments:

jeanene c said...

We finally have internet at home, though it is a complex exercise right now, it should get easier. I have been writing posts, but didn't feel good about posting them during office hours and flaunting my 'breaking' rules the youngsters have to follow, not to mention that we have been busy. More will follow. I can't seem to get facebook yet??? We will see how that goes. Thanks for the Emails. I will try to answer soon.

Katie said...

You two look great as missionaries!