Sunday, October 26, 2014

Visitors!

We have had some fun visits from dear people lately!
Elder Norton and his father came back to Spain so we went out to dinner and had such a good visit.
 We went down town to get some copies made and I noticed these workers.  At home there would have been a production.  Here they put up a couple of cones and the cars just had to go around... a challenge in streets just wide enough for a single car.  Several cars went up on the sidewalk to avoid them but no one got excited.
 

 We had a farewell dinner with another former missionary  who has been living here, but returned to his native country to try to arrange school in the states. 
We may have had a sword fight with the bread sticks.  No wait, it was wand practice.

The Mediterranean!
The best visitors of the month came last week though!  My Mom and sisters came to Spain! A couple of weeks ago, Rod was advising one of our Mesa missionaries that if there was anything he wanted from home to tell his Mom to bring it to our Mom and she would bring it.  One of the APs over heard and was astounded.  "Your Mom is coming?  But she must be....(choke, sputter) ...great.  (He had a hard time not saying 'old').  My husband of course responded with..."Lots of parents come and travel with their kids after their missions."  He will be surprised at how young 60 is when he is that old and then 85 wont be quite so ancient.  Anyway, My sweet sisters and my Amazing Mom endured many hours of air travel so that we could share a little of our mission with them.

My amazingly young Mom and the Malaga port from the Gibralfaro.

All us girls.  I'm just so excited!



We bought green beans and olives at the fruit market.

Then a trip to the Malaga Cathedral.

I wasn't the only one intrigued by the doors. 
 The next day we went to the Alhambra.  I will save those photos for another post.  This is just a teaser.
Love you all tons. 

1 comment:

Elena said...

That must have been so fun. I hope your softball game goes well. I love you!