Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Just July


My husband's favorite holiday is July 4th....Independence Day.  We used to throw huge parties at our house and he would spend half the day decorating and then cook all the hot dogs and hamburgers and ribs.   There are advantages to having a small house.  The kids throw the parties now!  We just took food and showed up.  Thank you Darling Alicia and Eric for throwing the party this year.

The spread!

Rod isn't really grumpy.  I just didn't warn him.  He is holding our newest grandbaby.  He loves that.

There were sound effects and I think  he was a superhero. We are learning his language.   Superheros are' NaNas'...from the batman theme.

Aunt Geneva brought home made ice cream.

Pop Pop has the magic touch!

There are too many kids in this tub....sure having fun though.
Rod kept the kids busy for 45 minutes bringing him cushions, 'tea', play foods and more, all requested in a most royal accent.  They had such fun!  Note the 'crown'.



 My sweet niece is getting married, so we had to throw a shower.  I have a phobia about throwing parties....but it turned out great, largely due to her aunt on the other side.  Yea for family!

Isn't she gorgeous?

Mom and the other aunt.

The guests were happy!




cousins

Grandma!  I asked her to make chili cheese sandwiches (Grandpa's Favorite) and the punch was served in her other Grandma's silver punch bowl. It was a fun way to remember those we miss.

Alicia always makes it fun!

more guests

My sister let us have it at her house!  The quilt on the sofa was made by her Mom out of my Dad's shirts!
I am so thankful for Family!  They are what make this life worth living! The parties are just a whole lot more fun with my family there too.  I love you all!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Awe, fun! I wish I could have been at both!

Daniel and Bonita said...

I agree with Katie! (Bonita)