Sunday, May 24, 2020

2020 What?

Yes, I know.  The year is half over and this is my first post, but you see there have been problems.  It started out with my new laptop computer which we got for Christmas.  It seems technology keeps progressing...and I don't.  I had trouble loading my photos onto this computer.  I finally got the ones on my camera's current sd card to load,  then I kept trying to get the older ones to load.  Not working well.  I've got about half of them to work.  It was proposed that the sd cards are aging.... but my camera won't use the fancy new ones that sweet Geneva sent for mother's day so I suspect the age of the camera is the real problem....or maybe the age of the person trying to use it???  Then in April came the pandemic. It's strange to think that in Jan and Feb we hadn't heard anything about it and expected a 'normal' year.  So now we are in the midst of "these trying times" trying to find the "new normal" and learning new ways to connect in spite of "social distancing".  (I'm getting very tired of hearing those phrases!) Outside of missing my ceramics classes and not getting to take the trips we had planned, we have not suffered at all.  We  had plenty of toilet paper stored (it was the first thing to run short), plenty of food and no real difficulties finding anything we wanted if we kept looking.  Rod has frankly enjoyed not having our regular church meetings, and there is a real sweetness to our 'home Sacrament meetings'.  We miss visiting kids and going to the temple.  It kills me not to hug people. Don't tell but I have rebelled and given a few hugs under special circumstances.  Our kids have been able to 'work from home' so that helps greatly too.  Our 2nd son got a new job in Jan which could have been problematic, but his company decided to have employees take 1 week furloughs once a month for a while instead of firing people.  This ended up a blessing as he was able to work full time on the remodeling of their 'new' home  during those weeks.  .We did go over and help for a week.  I have been called as a counselor in the Relief Society during this time.  I expect it will be more work once we are back to having meetings, but so far, its not too hard. (I'm probably not doing it right)  We are having more difficulty getting our exercising done with the gym closed.  Yup, we're gaining weight.  I carry a bandanna in my purse for the stores that require face masks.  I have postulated that our glaring sun, high heat, and very low humidity will do more to prevent contagion than most of the other measures being tried.  My pride will get me in trouble, I'm sure.

While the weather was cool, we went on small hikes and bicycle rides.  I very much enjoyed those.  We miss the pool now that it's getting hot.  Here come the photos.


The Superstitions are still beautiful

The flowers were just starting to bloom.

Why does 'the view' never photograph well?

I was fascinated by the colors in the grasses as the wind shifted them...like silk.

Keeping our social distance was easy there.

 Birthdays still come and go.

It's nice having Todd closer so visits are easier.


I made some birthday cakes for Alicia's kids.


I did get some things back from ceramics before they shut down.  I like to give stuff I've made as gifts but I'm getting low now.   Sooo Sad!

1 comment:

Matt S. said...

I'm glad you finally posted! I was so pleased to get the notification that you had :) Looks like you're doing well and having fun. Hopefully things get back to normal soon and you can start doing ceramics again!