Sunday, March 24, 2013

Another Week Flies By

I am running late.  I really want to try to get to bed on  time.  It doesn't look good for that goal right now.  Maybe I can write a shorter post??  We will see. 

Remember our big purchase from last week?


This is our piano.  We both love it and I am even practicing Easter hymns
This past week we had new missionaries come in, sent out missionaries who had finished their missions and  even had our own 'native speaker' as a companion for 4 days.
One of our APs 'died' so we had a farewell dinner for him Monday night. 

He is the one with the red tie.
We had such a great time.  The two across from me are our office elders. We bought a charcoal grill so that we could cook steak for this dinner.  We have all the comforts of home.

Two sets of new missionaries stayed Tue night with us since there wasn't room for everyone in the mission home.  That was fun, they just chatter like anything. ( I was going to say girls but it didn't seem pc.)  We had everything ready for the new missionaries, but had forgotten the packets for the departing missionaries so we had to hustle to get those fixed up in time.  Whew again.
The photos of our native comp are on the other camera so that will come next week.  He is from Paraguay and had his passport stolen, so we worked with him and the consulate to get that replaced.  Then he went home Thur.  Whew!  These squirts get into your heart so fast.  It was hard to say goodbye to them. As part of our recovery we did some retail therapy at Ikea on the way home from the airport.  We bought plates so that we can match when we feed 8.  We also bought some new towels to match the rug in his bathroom.  You do know my husband right?
Don't the plates look good with the place mats?
Since I liked how our pizza looked on them, I got out the camera and took photos of them.  While I was at it I got some of the rest of the apt too.  You can see the sofa in the background of the dinner photo.  Rod has disliked that since he first saw it, so we found some bedspreads that he liked at our 'chino' and he figured out how to tuck them in and around so they look like slip covers.  They are clean, and a more modern look which we both love.  We are making this apt our own.


This is half of our living room.  We keep the computer on the first desk.  The second will be my sewing desk when I have projects.  Rod wants to recover the chair cushions in beige.
Here is a close up with the arm rest so you can see what they used to look like.
I had to take this photo in the day time.  I love the light in this apt.  I also love that it has heating and cooling.

One (Rod's) bathroom. Mine still needs new towels.
Our 2nd bedroom.  There is one more  but I didn't take that photo yet.

Washing dishes is more fun when they match.
This truly is a galley  kitchen, almost too narrow for 2 people to pass, but lots of cupboards.

We have balcony outside all our windows, but it is only about 3 feet deep.  See our grill?
We are on the 4th floor here but there are only 5.  Next time I will show you the entry and courtyard.
Oh, we got potting soil and some planters.  Maybe by next week I will have window gardens started.  Rod just wants flowers.  I of course want herbs and produce.  Compromise??
Well I am finished, and not as late as I thought.  We love you and this work. Keep praying for us and the missionaries.  Love you all.

1 comment:

Elena said...

I love the pictures Momma! That is a spacious looking apartment,I even like the yellow walls (just not for my own place :)

Love you!