Sunday, April 14, 2013

Spring is sprung

I am being repentant.  I just didn't feel like writing a post last week.  Sorry.  I even had time. After watching conference I think  I was just tired of looking at the computer.  Whatever the reason, I am back.  I shouldn't skip a week though.  It is hard enough remembering the week just past, the one before that is impossible.  What I do know is that spring is here.  Rod has always wanted to grow geraniums, and we have planted them often, but they never last very long in AZ.  Maybe he has unrealistic expectations.  He is determined to get them to grow here though, which we should be able to do cause we see them everywhere.

This roundabout near our apt is Rod's favorite.  We risked trafic and a fine to get this photo.  It is on a hill which is why he looks tipped.

He loves all the different colors of geraniums!


I took some photos of the outside areas of our apt.so you can feel like you are here with us?? Okay, cause I think it is cool.

This is our courtyard and one entrance.  Yes, those are sour orange trees.  I had Sister Wilson taste one and she was surprised.  I was delighted not to miss out on the smell of orange blossoms.
The entrance to our apt is in the corner of the next to the top floor.

Here you are looking down on our courtyard from the walkway to our apt.  You can see the driveway and in the upper rt corner the entrance to our parking garage.

 Here is "our car" parked in said garage. I have to get out before Rod backs in.  The back of the car is  6 inches or less from the wall  to give other cars room to manuver.
 

Here is the walkway to our apt.  The door you see is our neighbors.  Ours is in the left had wall, just behind the white chair.
This was taken today and the reason for the title of this weeks post.  I have plants growing!!! Rod has been working on flowers and I have been trying to grow produce.  I don't know if they will have enough root room or sun.  We will see. Still exciting.
Rod framed the temple photo this week and also painted the chair black to match the piano.

He put these up last night.  Thanks to Geneva, we got emails of older family photos, had them printed and framed them all on Friday.  The miracles of modern technology.  There are plans for the empty frame but you will have to wait to see it.


Here are 2 of the plants he potted for in the house.

This is one of the flowers he bought for outside our front door.

He borrowed a pot from Sister Deere for the office balcony. They were out of town, you wouldn't believe how much traveling they do, so we 'broke in' and got it ourselves.


The flower 'shops' are getting to recognize us.
Begins the photos of office elders who have become so dear to us already.

Our travel and computer guru.  He will 'die' in the office in a couple of weeks.

This is heading to the parking garage at the office.  You see fewer than usual vehicles here.  We turn right between the last two cars you can see, and enter through a sliding 'garage door'.  We have to stop on the way down the ramp to turn on the light and if we aren't quick, we will be left to find our way out in the dark.  That is more of a problem for Rod as he has to avoid  the duct work on the way to the elevator.  I bought a flashlight.

 Well, that is enough for this week. Hope you are all well and happy.  Thank you for the Easter posts and photos.  We love you all. 


 

6 comments:

jeanene c said...

I should have mentioned that the photos of Africa from the last post were taken from the Mijas Branch Releif Society President's back porch. She lives about 45 minutes south of us. The group of sisters was our RS.
Hey everyone, leave a note so I know who is looking at this. Thanks.

Geevz said...

I love it! The area looks so picturesque and beautiful! I can't wait to see how the produce and flowers turn out.

Elena said...

I LOVE the outside of your apt, it looks amazing. It's weird to look at pictures of Elders and think that they look young :)

This is Elena. I can't tell if I'm signed in as Aaron. Love you!

Katie said...

What a pretty place! I love the courtyard and the fanvy doors.

Daniel and Bonita said...

This is Bonita and I LOVE all the pictures. What a lovely place and all your plants are wonderful. Good luck with the "garden".

Todd said...

It is definitely lovely there. Way to surround yourselves with beauty.

Oh, and Elena. Just wait until you reference a childhood movie (or soon a teenage movie) and have the Elders say, "Oh, that was released before I was born."