Sunday, October 20, 2013

The Wach family walks

Guess who came to visit!!!  We essentially took a week off from our usual activities for their visit, though they did help us with some new arrivals on Tuesday.  We had a wonderful time.  I took way too many photos so I will compensate with few words this week.

They are here finally.  Their flight to Rome was delayed so they missed part of their Mediterranean Cruise but they got here safe and sound. 

Yes, grandma paid for a ride in the airport first thing!

Her Mom bought her a flamenco dress in Barcelona.  I am afraid we added to the outfit once she got here. Shoes, fan, hair comb...why not?





We found this barn toy and cleaned it up for our Benjamin.   He thought it was pretty cool.  It didn't seem to take too long for him to decide that Grammy and Poppop were lots of fun.

We did stop at the toy store near our house.  I love their giant bear and baby but Ellie wanted to explore.

Benj didn't want to get too close.



We walked around Fuengirola and found that the family has a number of photographers too. 


We think she is just darling.
With a large group, every one gets in the photo sometime. This is in the main plaza in Fuen.


They are great friends now.

 

This stroller was perfect!


We took a trip to Seville and climbed the tower next to the cathedral.  it is so cool to see it from above


Atop the tower... bells. 

A clock made in 1400s.

The exterior of said tower.  It was built by the Moors. 


This was still the best part.

She didn't want the ice cream, just the cone????


Impromptu changing room.

Talk about a view!  This looks out over Fuengirola and Mijas.




Real men carry babies!!!  The photos didn't really show the view very well, too hazy.

We happened upon the filming of some sort of dance film.  Who knew?



 

In her 'house'!

He will be walking soon.

Dancing.

We did spend a day on the beach.  The water was cold but the weather was amazing!




Our last night, dinner  and music.  The street performer was entranced by our Ben.

That is the moon over the Mediterranean Sea.
We miss you already kids, and can't wait for the next clan.  We love you all so much.  If we imperfect parents that we are, love our kids so very much, how much must our perfect Father love each of us and want us to come home.  Stay true so that we can have that perfect reunion one day!
 

6 comments:

Katie said...

Ah, there's nothing like family. I'm glad I'm a part of yours!

jeanene c said...

We are too, Katie.

Alicia W said...

And oh! How I love my kids! And parents!

Scott_Stone said...

So, I home teach Alan and Paula Rowley. Paula asks about you every time I visit, and I finally thought to give her your blog address.

Scott_Stone said...

So, I home teach Alan and Paula Rowley. Paula asks about you every time I visit, and I finally thought to give her your blog address.

Todd said...

It is such an odd experience having you two gone, but serving as missionaries. Because we are able to call you up, mostly at any time, and chat, if we need your help, directly. But, we can also just benefit all the time with blessing from your service. So we get access to the wisdom but also the miracles. It is a pretty sweet deal. Sure, we miss the hugs and direct contact, but apparently it is just a short plane ride away.

I'm so impressed with all my nieces and nephews, but it still makes me giggle to see how perfectly my sister and brother-in-law, people who I love so much, meld so perfectly together into their children, who I love so very much, too. Ellie is such a sweetie, and when I look at her, I alternate between the charactaristics that remind me of Alicia, and those that remind me of Eric. Same with Ben-hammy.

Thank you so much for sharing pictures. It is great to see where you serve, and how joyfully you do it. You are loved the world over, and with very good reason.

I reiterate that love from Northern Mexico.