Thursday, March 6, 2014

Apology

To anyone who still reads our blog (Hi Mom),  sorry I missed the last couple of weeks.  That transfer I mentioned was complicated by about a dozen unexpected events, missionaries taking the wrong train, not getting their tickets, a new secretary,  and a nice big munch and mingle on Sunday evening, to name a few, that it took us the whole next week to recover.  That means we had to take last week to catch up.  Remember the "church vacation" Keith mentioned?  Well this wasn't it, as least lately.  I have also been fighting a sinus infection which saps my energy and focus.  There.  Done whining.

We have begun attending institute on Fri nights as a first step in our work with the JAS (young single adults).  My cute husband had the idea to take cookies for everyone plus an extra available for each of them to share.  First they had to promise to tell who ever they shared the cookie with that they got it at institute.  We expected to do that on Valentines day but class was canceled that night so we took them last week.  They were a hit.  It was such a fun idea, and will, I am sure, help increase interest in institute. Even if they just give it to Mom or Dad, it will add their support to their child's coming.  Attendance at institute is a measure of the activity of the young adults here. 

I also got Alaina's quilt done.  It wasn't really a regular quilt because I just don't have that much time and energy right now.  What I did instead was put two pieces of fleece together and appliqué some clouds and a moon on them.  I had planned on stuffing the clouds, but it looked bad when I tried it, and I was sure any stuffing would just wad up when it was washed, so, no stuffing.  They still puffed up nicely.  I will try to do a real quilt when we get home. 
I chose moon and clouds in hopes of a baby that sleeps well for her Mama.

We were very excited to welcome Jace Ramsey Jesse Wach to the family last Friday.  That leaves us with an even dozen grandkids now.  We are so excited to get home and meet  and spoil them...  Thank goodness for technology.  We get to see everyone's photos right away, no waiting for film to be developed and printed and mailed.  We get to Skype and see everyone too.  It is such a blessing.

In Relief society last week they brought up  Matt 25:35-40 where the savior says 'inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my bretheren, ye have done it unto me.'  I tend to look at things in a straight forward manner, not usually looking for other meanings.  That is why I think it was the Spirit that made me look at that scripture in a different light.  Of course, the mission has something to do with that too, but  when he says I was an hungered, for the first time I thought what if that hunger was for the word of God?  What if the thirst was for the water of life, the nakedness was vulnerability to Satan's fiery darts, a prisoner of sin, unable to see any way to freedom.  I expect everyone else saw that all along, but it was a new idea to me.  We have the solution.  We must not be stingy or too busy to share of our abundance.
We feel such love for all of our family and the wonderful people we have met here. Even when it is hard, this mission brings us great joy and satisfaction.  Thank you all for your support.

 

3 comments:

Katie said...

The grandbabies won't remember you were gone when they were born, and the ones old enough to miss you are getting to see your wonderful example just like the rest of us. You are inspiring. And don't worry, the new moms will still be tired when you get home and will be happy to be spoiled since by then everyone else will be done spoiling them:)

Donie said...

I still read sister! I love you and you are an inspiration to us all! It is super fun to hear Kaleb and Lyla pray for you!
I'll give your babies squeezes from you!

Daniel Quillen said...

And I read as well, Jeanene! I liked your insights to Matthew chapter 25...I am like you -- I often miss symbolism or things that aren't as clear. I like your thoughts on the topic.

Find a few for us!

Daniel