Sunday, November 30, 2014

Giving Thanks ...in Mesa!

There are lots of photos I want to post about our trip home.  Those will have to wait for a little while though, because I just Have to post about our arrival and Thanksgiving celebration at home in Mesa.

Can I just state for the record that we LOVE our Family!!!


We were met in the airport at midnight on the Tuesday night before Thanksgiving by my sweet sister who was picking us up and taking us home.  That we expected.  In addition, my mother came with her.  They brought flowers, a balloon, and doughnuts and fresh milk. If you know my husband, you know how important those last two were!   Also surprising us at the airport were my daughters Geneva and her family, Alicia and her family, son Keith and his family, and even my brother Jeff and his wife.  These families include little kids who were up way past bedtime, and kids and parents that had school and work the next day and a long drive to get back home from the airport.  I was too busy hugging all of them to take photos, but the kids took some.  We were sooooooo happy!


Heaven!

That next night my sweet Mom and sister hosted our kids for supper.  Todd brought his family up from Tucson, so everyone except Elena and Aaron was there.  It was soooo Wonderful!!!





Mom made some yummy soup for all of us.  Thank you Mom!
 
We sure did enjoy getting to meet our new grandbabies and reconnect with all the rest!
The next day aunt Cheryl,(aka Cheryl the Great) and her husband Scott (the Boss) hosted us for Thanksgiving dinner.  It was Glorious!
Our oldest granddaughter brought a table decoration!

Everyone brought food!


And Pie




 
The best part by far was being with all these darling kiddos and all of their parents!





We decided it was time for The Photo.  We have been planning this photo for a long time!  

Gather the babies!

Say Cheese!


Can we see you?  Can you breathe?

Heavenly!!!
okay, lets eat!


 
 And, since we live in AZ, lest try out the pool and hot tub!

Only a couple of adults joined in, a couple of times to rescue iffy swimmers.





Ahhh, the best part of all!

 

3 comments:

Elena said...

Ah I can't wait to hug those nieces and nephews! I'm so jealous!

Katie said...

I can't imagine how wonderful it was for all of them to see you again!

Hermana Nielson said...

Oh such fun! I love it! You are greatly blessed and greatly loved by many :)