Sunday, May 10, 2015

The Road Home

Just as we were finishing our visit with Elena, Aaron and darling Penelope, my brother Steve invited us up to see his boat and visit in Anacortes, so we drove up.  It was so fun to see him and get a hug.    He is living on his boat which is docked in the beautiful town of Anacortes.  He treated us to a delicious lunch at a great pizza place. It was wonderful to spend time with him!  Thank You Steve!


We decided to go home via the Oregon coast with a stop in Portland to visit Nephew Michael and his cute family.  We had a fun lunch with them at a Salvadoran restaurant and then went through the Portland temple.



All of these towns had gorgeous tulips and flowers everywhere but I loved this dark purple one!


 
 
The drive down the coast was marvelous!  I had to restrict myself to a very few photos or we would still be trying to get home. 


I loved that you could walk out of a forest onto an ocean beach!
We saw several signs along this coast proclaiming that it was a tsunami area....apparently seismic activity in far away places causes tidal waves.


We had to stop here as there are Andersons in our family!




Apparently he was a surveyor.







 
It was misty which usually doesn't lend itself to good photos but I loved this one.
 We decided to splurge and stay in  hotel right on the coast.  We Loved It!
We had a Jacuzzi that looked out at the beach. It was a real joy after a day of driving.
 We slept with the sound of the waves breaking a few yards away.  It was lovely!




We collected drift wood pieces just like kids!  Hey, we're still young at heart!
We marvel at the beauties of this country.  They even have water under their bridges!!! Astounding! I took so many photos that I will have to save some for the next post.  

3 comments:

Katie said...

I've always thought living on a boat would be lovely! I'm glad you got to see my brother...now you need a trip out this way so you can have an excuse to see me!

Geevz said...

Gorgeous! I think we need to visit Anderson look out too!

Hermana Nielson said...

Ah Oregon! How I miss that wild coast! I absolutely love the pictures - especially the misty one. Very cool. And I LOVE the Portland temple - it was my temple for many years. You'll have to come back some day :)