Sunday, August 23, 2015

Time Away

Every one needs a little time 'away from it all'!  You might think that being retired would make that less so, but it just might be even more needful.  You see, your days can become very similar.  It's not that you want to do differently exactly, but a change is a real treat.  When my Mom and I drove down to Tucson, she confided to me that she had looked forward to the trip just as a change from the usual.
 
For me, my ceramics is one of those things.  I look forward all week to my classes and miss them during the breaks.  This is a haul of bisque ware that had been fired at the same time.  I am very happy with everything here, though the glazing wasn't always as successful.  I will try to get a photo of them fired.
 
 

yes, the pitcher has a mustache... it was fun!

Here are some syrup/gravy pitchers I made to give to our former missionaries. 
 If anyone has a request, I will try to make it.  I can do platters, bowls, pitchers, and planters.  I am working on some taller pieces.  We'll see.  If you wish to give a home to any of my creations, let me know!

We had planned a beach trip with one of our missionaries who has never seen the ocean.  Well, he went and got engaged...silly boy... and found he had other priorities for his time and money.  We decided we still wanted to go so we headed off to San Diego for a couple of days.  It was wonderful and relaxing.




We wandered old town, spent several hours on the beach...with the sunburns to prove it, and revisited the San Diego temple for some sealings. It is just lovely.  How grateful we are for our Temples and the perspective they give us on our life problems.  We still love getting to visit as we drive....we don't seem to just talk as much when there are phone calls, TV, and electronics to distract us. It was just FUN!

3 comments:

Todd said...

You guys are seriously such examples to me of productivity. I find myself wanting to challenge my abilities, just to see if I can manage to do half the stuff you guys manage to do, seemingly effortlessly. Love the pics, and thanks for the Tucson visit. We loved hacing you both.

Daniel and Bonita said...

This is Bita...and I am seriously jealous of everything on your post today! I love your little syrup pitchers, I would be happy to find a home for a green one. :) I would also appreciate it if you could find me some beach time...soon! Love you!

Geevz said...

Yay! Looks like so much fun!