Sunday, November 8, 2015

Adventures



 I had planned to post these a couple of weeks ago..... that's how it goes I guess.
 
While in Utah, we had a few other adventures...of the good kind.  We met up with various missionaries just to visit and snuck in a few just for fun things too.  After meeting with one missionary at BYU, we went to the art museum there.  I was so impressed with the display in the entry.  It is made of colored thread and is very simple but just beautiful. every angle changed it feel and the sky light above it added to the beauty.  If I had posted sooner, I might have remembered the name.






this view was from an upper floor

This was as we were leaving and I couldn't help notice the rainbow of kids as well as the art!
There were dome etchings by  Albrecht Durer, some Teichert, the paintings that used to be on a roll that depict church history ( another name I can't remember) and delightful modern stuff too.  I  thoroughly enjoyed the visit.
 
Also, we went up Provo canyon, drove up past Sundance, and even walked a little up at the top.

 


 The vistas were Amazing!!!


This water fall had a lovely Indian legend about lost love.


We watched conference at the Deere's on TV.... honestly, I like it better that way.  Rod did go to the Priesthood session with his nephews...the Stones.  I shopped and hung around the town center.
I liked this water feature


I found some nice tops during my shopping.  I had thought to browse in Deseret Book but NOOOO Way!  It was cram packed with women!  Impossible!  We all went to dinner afterwards at a Brazilian barbeque.  We had a good time with them.

 
On the drive home we encountered this beautiful rain storm.  I love the rain!

2 comments:

Geevz said...

Desert Book does a big promotion during Priesthood session where the whole store is 10% off and every ten minutes or so they give out a raffle. I've only gone in Albuquerque and I can imagine it is nuts in Salt Lake. That string art is gorgeous and makes me want to recreate it somehow. Maybe when I own a house with a skylight.

jeanene c said...

I knew about the specials and thought I'd try it but no way. It was clostrophobic.