Sunday, January 21, 2018

Christmas Joy

We were asked to record things we were thankful for in Relief Society last week.  My problem is limiting my list.  I am constantly aware of the abundance of my blessings and the triviality of my trials.  Here you will see some of those blessings.

It's become a tradition to decorate gingerbread houses with all the grandkids....a bit challenging with some being out of town.  We got pretty close this year, although the parents had to put up with some early decorating in Seattle.










 I took the gingerbread house down to Tucson with me but it was just too early for that family, so they did it on their own a bit later.  We sure had a fun visit with Geneva and her kids spending time with their Tucson cousins.



 
 
 
 Our Amazing daughter finished her Masters degree and decided to 'walk'!  We took my Mom to see and be part of it.

I was so delighted to take this photo of Three ASU Masters Degree holders, and I congratulate my Mom for setting the precedent and example that has so positively impacted my family.

 

 





 Yes, It was like that. I also have to mention that Geneva has her Masters also,  from NAU.  Yes I have Amazing Children!

We had a Christmas Eve talent show with Alicia's family ....We had planned a bigger show but there was a fever in the house so it was scaled back, and was maybe all the sweeter for that.
Ellie's drawing

A Christmas song.

Yes she can still play that horn.

We got to use the costumes I made to enact the Christmas story.

The ceramic gifts were well received.

I am delighted with my new tree topper.

It's gorgeous Elena and Aaron!

Thanks Geneva and John for our coats!
How can we be so greatly blessed?  I can't account for it except for God's overwhelming love for us and each of His children.  Amazing! God Bless each of you throughout this New Year



3 comments:

Daniel and Bonita said...

Love the post, Jeanene! Yes you have many, many blessings! Thanks for sharing.

Katie said...

Family is one of my favorite blessings too! And I sure love you and yours.

Geevz said...

It was a wonderful trip being with you!