Thursday, January 2, 2014

Chestnuts roasting...

I just had to keep with the 'song fragment as a title' pattern.  We did actually have some roasted chestnuts in Sevilla, so I am justified.  The next few posts will be about Christmas.  I am sure you are surprised.  There are just so many darling photos and we had such fun.  What a marvelous gift to receive, a visit from our second daughter and her husband, who followed big sister's courageous example, and brought 2 young children half way around the world to visit Grammy and Pop-pop in Spain.  The best part was that they were here for the Christmas holidays. 

To start off, this is my new outfit, my birthday gift from my husband. Okay, enough photos of me. 
They arrived the 18th. Their luggage arrived over the next 3 days.  Luckily, we had borrowed a car seat from the mission home along with a pack-and-play and a stroller.  The suitcase with their clothes made it the next day.  The booster seat and car seat arrived just in time for our trip to Granada (which will be another post).
As soon as the suitcase arrived, Rod got his favorite gift of the season. 

He was in heaven.  Real buttermilk bars!

And old fashioned donuts too!  I had to get some of them into the freezer so that he could enjoy them later.  Yummm! 
Thank you so much Mom and Donnie!!! I loved my pretzels too!  So fun to have a taste from home!

 
Some kids were glad to be able to move around and play. 
Luckily Grammy and Poppop have some toys for times like this.


Hiding in the curtain works too!
They opened jammies on Christmas eve.  I know there are a lot of photos.  How could I resist the cuteness?



Getting the jammies on this wiggle worm was a challenge.

Slippers just like Mommy's!

Success!



Our Ikea gingerbread house.

Melted my heart!
Jammies with animals!

The whole ensemble!

Made to dance of course.


There is nothing better than having a three year old in your home on Christmas morning, just in case you didn't know. She was delighted to help open everyone's gift and thrilled with everything she received.




She liked Poppop's gift too!
 
 

There's a prize in this egg?
 
'Here's what I really want for Christmas'


Perfect!
 
 






It has a motor and moves. 

The ginger bread was actually tasty!


Yes, we're having fun!


Poppop is teaching her to dance flamenco!


That is what this dress and shoes were meant for, of course.
We must add our gratitude for the 'reason for the season', our Savior's birth.  His birth, life, teachings and sacrifice mean that the joy we have now with our family is only the beginning.  How overwhelmingly blessed we are, not only to have the wonderful children and grandchildren we have, but to know that they are ours for eternity.  We are abundantly blessed to be able to serve this mission and get to  know the dear people here in Fuengirola.  Through that sacred birth there will truly be
 Joy to the World and peace on earth!
Love Castillos.

3 comments:

Aaron said...

This is Elena -- I'm so jealous! I love all of the pictures. I think my favorite is the one of dad teaching J how to dance. I love you and miss you sooooo much!

Geevz said...

It was so much fun! Thanks for having us.

Katie said...

I love that you have toys there! Your little ones are just adorable.