Sunday, January 12, 2014

'Twas the day after Christmas' - Johnmas day

 
We wanted to visit Seville but the mission van was being used....the nerve.  We looked at renting a van but the price to rent a van plus the gas and having to drive and park it, made train tickets a reasonable expense, so we took the train.  We got up quite early and took the 'cercanias' which is a local train from here to Malaga.  
 
 

I think this defines 'bright eyed'
 
 The sun was just coming up and there were some beautiful views of the sea.





We discovered this 'toy factory' in the mall that surrounds the train station.


 
After a few runs to check it out, we boarded our train.  Train travel with kids is fabulous!  They can get up and move, go to the bathroom without disturbing others... there is more leg room, I love it.


I didn't take many photos of Seville as we have been there a couple of other times.  I did indulge in a cd of guitar music bought from the 'artist' as he played just outside the gates. I like it a lot.

Awe.... they're kissing.  There aren't many tourists so the horse drawn carriages stood idle. 

The kids and I hung out so the others could get to the upper floors and see the displays.  We looked at fountains.
We even saw peacocks. They wouldn't hold still for photos though.  (the birds not the kids)




Those are Columbus' bones in that box!  From 1492!!!   Okay, he probably died a number of years after that but that is the date I remember from learning it in elementary school.

The big kids climbed the Moorish tower that the Christians left from the original structure.
 

 Then we took the train home again.  A nice day.

This was in the mall.  Here the kids write letters to the 3 Kings rather than Santa, and gifts are brought on the 6 of Jan. 
The sign on the yellow box says ' letters to the kings '

Home again we go!
Happy Johnmas Day, John!

2 comments:

Katie said...

I love that they came to visit you! What an amazing experience!

Elena said...

I like traveling by train too. Aaron and I can have actual conversations or watch a movie together. Thanks for posting so many pictures I love seeing family. I love you!