Sunday, January 24, 2016

Cowboy Castillos...a family photo picnic

The tradition continues!  It appears that the best time to get our family together is during the holidays.  Out-of-towners visit family so it is less a special trip although this year Todd drove up from Tucson so we could have representatives from his family even though his wife was not feeling well. The theme was 'cowboy' so we had the photos at Usery Pass Park.  That was especially fitting.  Usery Pass is where Rod proposed to me and we agreed to begin this amazing family!  Get him to tell you the story one day! 

We don't have the official portrait yet but these are the candid shots I took of the picnic part!
(disclaimer:  I reserve the right to post way toooo many photos!  These kids are just so cute, I can't resist)



As you can see, the adults mostly sat, ate and visited!  The kids, however, thoroughly enjoyed the park and playing with each other.
 
 

Getting into the theme?

Ahh, that's better!

The Wach men did it up Right!

Uncle Eric always remembers to bring the best toy!  The kids cheerfully took turns and pulled/pushed each other around on this 'trike' nonstop!

Real He-men!

climbing was another popular activity


This is so you can see it really was up quite high!



Weston was a chief mover of the trike, pushing almost everyone

and pulling!







Finally, a cactus you can touch!

 
 


 These girls know how to pose! So photogenic!


Uncle Eric got a ride too!  It's only just!

Penny was a popular person to hold!


Uncle Todd took special advantage of the chance to play with kids he doesn't see often...."the adults know and remember me but I have to make special memories with these little ones"




Guess you can tell who the fun uncles are!

Siblings!

She knows how to grab my heart!

Love those busy little darlings!


We so loved getting to spend time together.  I am glad we had a photo just for the time together it gave us!

Till next time!

2 comments:

Elena said...

Ahh Thanks for posting so many pictures! I love getting to see all of the family together. When did Penny ride the trike? I didn't even know that happened :)

Katie said...

How nice to take photos at a place that is fun to be at afterwards too! I love family get togethers; I wish mine were closer so we could more often! Ah, well, I guess I'll just have to live through your family.