Wednesday, January 19, 2022

 There is nothing like a serious illness to make one value  time spent with loved ones! Dear Alicia came over several Sunday evenings and shared music and spiritual thoughts with us!




I am still a little surprised and very impressed with my daughter’s musical skill! She has managed to become a wonderful musician in spite of her teacher (me).


My darling Seattle daughters came to visit for a weekend. I was so touched! It was such a joy and comfort to feel their love and hugs! 

I have cherished my son’s hugs too! They are so warm and reassuring! I’m so blessed!

My dear kids got together for dinner at Garcías! It was delicious and so fun! How did we end up with family that love each other  and truly enjoy spending time together! It was wonderful!








We continue to clean out closets. 

His letterman’s sweater 

Bell bottom pants…”stayin alive”.

It’s off to a niece who is a current MHS student. She loves it!

I especially enjoy the garden…things growing.. it helps to remember the cycle of life!

And they smell so good too!

We tore out the arch into the living room as well as a couple of feet of wall. It gives us a much more open feel!  This necessitated  redoing the floors so Rod decided to get our bedroom done first so that there would be a clean fresh place if I need it!
Dear Todd came and helped! We’re so blessed!

I love how it looks!


My darling sister put together a gift for me, a chemo bag with contributions from my kids and Mom! I am so touched!

It was just full of thoughtful gifts!

We decided to share out the drama hats. They sure look darling on our girls!




I was impressed that Weston wanted one! Artful dodger?






A few days after the surgery, I had a port put in to make chemo easier. The procedure was no problem but the dressing actually tore my skin. I think the surgery bothered me less, at least after  I got home.
A plastic chamber is put under the skin and a catheter is threaded up to the neck and inserted into an artery then threaded into the heart. Aren’t you glad I was asleep for the surgery?



2 comments:

Daniel and Bonita said...

Wow!!! That was a TON of fun pictures! I loved the one of Rod and the girls at the piano. The ones at the dinner warmed my heart...what a LOT of beautiful smiles. You looked so happy with that beaming smile!! And super cute in your fun hat!! And speaking of hats, your babies looked adorable in all the drama hats, especially Weston and Penny!!!!!

Katie said...

Such a great family!!